FSDN: GNOME Savannah GNU Art FSF Europe
[GNU-Friends] Sections: Front Page News Interviews GNU-Friends Diaries
Menu: About Submit Story FAQ Donate Search
This page brought to you by: Jonas berg, just another GNU friend.
Does Savannah need our help?
By S11 or sirian, Section Diaries
Posted on Mon Feb 9th, 2004 at 03:25:04 GMT
Since November 27, only one project has been added to Savannah: the Savannah administration project. 199 projects remain in the queue, though I feel this number would be larger were it not for the queue's own effect on new project submissions. Furthermore, the new Gna! has been started by Savannah developers Mathieu Roy and Loic Dachary. What's going on? Note: this diary contains baseless speculation.

To find out, I went fishing in the savannah-hackers mailing list archives. Here's what I found:

• In addition to the mailing list tag "[Savannah-hackers]", almost every subject refers to Savannah, savannah.gnu.org, savannah.nongnu.org, etc. In addition, most of the thread names seem to be vague descriptions of problems people have with Savannah. This makes it somewhat hard to read.
  • Submissions of new projects are, of course, sent to this mailing list. The most eye-catching was called ShpxZG (ROT-13 to see), "to raise awareness about the weakness of popular blogging software MovableType". Unfortunately, as I recall, MT is non-free software, and therefore their MT spamming script is dependent on non-free software, which means it doesn't meet Savannah guidelines. Oh well.
  • Not helping matters in point 1, bkuhn posted about "Savannah situation". He apologized about not including the Savannah hackers more in the recovery process (you know what I mean). Mathieu Roy was still unhappy.
  • Before February, Mathieu Roy was the most frequent poster. Now, it seems to be Rudy Gevaert
  • Gna! has a `savane-dev' archive going back to 2001. But it's really the savannah-dev archive. Not sure what to make of that.

Ok, I have no instinct for web searches. See this: "At a given time only one person can be in charge of approving or rejecting projects submitted to Savannah. The /admin/ interface is not fit for concurrent access. The user assigned to this task is the one in charge. It is his responsibility to find someone else before leaving :-)".

It's an open task. Happy hacking!

< GIMP Project looking for beta testers for 2.0 release (1 comments) | Report on Jadavpur University GNU/Linux Awareness Workshop (1 comments) >
Make a new account
Username:
Password:

Poll
Does Savannah need our help?
Shpx CUC!
Those overworked FSF sysadmins can handle everything.
I'm going to add my project to the Gna! queue instead.
You people obsess too much about security.
As soon as I finish my revolutionary new IRC bot.
I am rudy.

Votes: 10
Results | Other Polls

View: Display: Sort:
Does Savannah need our help? | 14 comments (14 topical, editorial) | Post A Comment
[new] Yes, savannah needs help (#1)
by a member of the hurd (#-1) on Wed Feb 11th, 2004 at 19:13:09 GMT

Savannah definitely can use a lot more help from the community.

[new] Savannah is down again (#2)
by proski (#36) on Wed Mar 17th, 2004 at 16:46:19 GMT
(User Info)

Savannah went down yesterday, March 16 2004, just as I was going to commit my changes. Today it's still down. I checked www.gnu.org, and it's down too. fencepost.gnu.org is up, I can ssh there, but I cannot access savannah even from there.

Thank you for mentioning Gna! I guess I'll have to move there if the situation doesn't improve.

[new] "Savane" is a fork of "savannah&quo (#3)
by a member of the hurd (#-1) on Fri Mar 19th, 2004 at 01:02:59 GMT

Explained:

[new] pneumatic (#5)
by a member of the hurd (#-1) on Wed Oct 20th, 2004 at 14:50:43 GMT

Google Placement welding blankets, tadpole tapes, ceramic fiber, ceramic fiber fiberglass ceramic fiber
flashlights flashlights [pneumatic][pneumatic][solenoid valve][pneumaticr] fiberglass [pneumatic components][air source treatment unit] [GOOGLE] fiberglass [վ] [ѵӰ] [] fiberglass [ֽ] []

[new] I read gnu-friends.org a lot more than I post. (#6)
by a member of the hurd (#-1) on Mon Nov 15th, 2004 at 05:35:05 GMT

I read gnu-friends.org a lot more than I post. Sure, I post occasionally (and have submitted stories in the past), but I figure that my biggest contribution to the signal-to-noise ration is to simply keep my mouth shut when I don't have much to say. However, I _do_ try to contribute to the site, by meticulously rating all of the comments I read. I try to give ratings intelligently, and hope that this will help guide later readers to the more insightful posts.

Great site,keep it up, thanks ! Here is my site, you can found some resource at there : ֶ Ů и֡ ֶ Ů֡ и֡  ֶ Ů и Ƭ ϲƬ սƬ Ƭ ƻƬ Ƭ ֲƬ Ƭ
Ƭ Ƭ Ӱ Ӿ СӰ δ Ƭ Ƭ Ϸࡤ ࡤ MTVࡤ ࡤ Цࡤ רࡤ δࡤ ѧƷ С˵ǡ ƻ̽ ᡤ Խ̡̳ ־ ʱ Ӣľ䡤 Ĭ ѧ С˵ ȡ Ӱǡ ļ ͯѧ ѧϰ д桤 ƾְ ŵ 顤 Ϸ Ϸ Ϸҡ СϷ Ϸ ģϷ Ϸߡ δࡤ ֶ Ů и֡  ֶ Ů֡ и֡  ֶ Ů и I read K5 a lot more than I post. Sure, I post occasionally (and have submitted stories in the past), but I figure that my biggest contribution to the signal-to-noise ration is to simply keep my mouth shut when I don't have much to say. However, I _do_ try to contribute to the site, by meticulously rating all of the comments I read. I try to give ratings intelligently, and hope that this will help guide later readers to the more insightful posts.

Great site,keep it up, thanks ! Here is my site, you can found some resource at there : 칤 ʹ ICQר IMUʱͨ 绰 MSNר OICQר 湤 绰Ѱ β ҵó н ũҵ ҵ ҵ 칫 ҵ Ʊ ӡˢ ֯װ ɷ Ʊ֤ȯ ̽ е ¹ ҽҩ ͨ ͻ ֻ ϵͳ ͨ ͨ Ϸ Ϸ Ӧ PalmOS PDA WinCE ϵͳ Ķ ý CPU DOS ж жع ݱ ϵͳ ϵͳǿ ϵͳ ϵͳ ϵͳ ڴ湤 ƽ̨ װ ݹ ̹ ³ ضʱ 湤 3D CADͼ ͼ ͼ ͼ׽ ͼ ͼת ͼƬѹ ͼ깤 ༭ Ķ Ϣ Ϣ ǩ Ѱ FTP ع IP ļ 縨 繲 ʱ ҳ վƹ JAVA ʼȺ ʼ ʼ ʼ Զ̵¼ Զ̵¼ Telnet ҳҳżʱ Ȥζ FlashϷ Ϸ Ϸ Ϸ PCģ Ϸ ģ Ϸ Ϸ Ϣ ʱ ĵ ļ޸ ļָ ļ ļ ִ ѹѹ ๤ ӡ Ķ 幤 ת С Linux ƽ ָ ϵͳȫ ϵͳ 簲ȫ ɹ ȫ ܹ ýؼ DBFؼ ݿ ʱؼ ļؼ ϵͳؼ ͼؼ ͼؼ ؼ ѹؼ ؼ װ 빤 ̹ Թ ؼ ۺϿؼ ý ý ý岥 ý㲥 ý CD Ƶ Ƶת ղع MIDI MP3 MP3 Ƶ Ƶת WINAMP ̿¼ ƹ ѧϰ ﹤ ĵ Ŀƹ ѧǰ ѧϰ ӽ ϵͳ ʱ 渨

[new] fiberglass (#7)
by a member of the hurd (#-1) on Sat Dec 4th, 2004 at 06:54:03 GMT

flashlights,GOOGLE,վ,welding,fabrics,fiberglass,fiberglass,fiberglass yarns,ceramic fiber,ceramic fiber,ceramic fiber,tadpole,pneumatic,pneumatic,solenoid,pneumatic,pneumatic,treatment unit,,fan belt,timing belt,v-belt,fuel hose,oil seal,radiator hose,rubber hose,GOOGLE,վ,lost wax casting,Carbon Steel casting,iron casting,precision casting china,investment casting china

[new] google (#8)
by google (#664) on Sun Dec 5th, 2004 at 04:55:31 GMT
(User Info) http://www.18google.com/

ʻ ʻ

[new] erg (#9)
by 100003 (#680) on Thu Dec 9th, 2004 at 08:23:27 GMT
(User Info)

վĿ¼ Ӱ ֽ д Ů ģ ձŮ ߹ͼ Ӱ ߵӰ ߵ Ӱ ӰԺ btӰ ѵӰ mp3 mtv а ݳ dj ok Ϸ Ϸ Ϸ ؼ Ϸ ģ ʥʿ å ӷè С Ц Ц Ĭ ЦͼƬ Խת Ц ղ Ʊ Ǯ Ŷ ԰ Ʊ մ Ӱ Ӱ Ӱ Ӱ ɴӰ ͷ д ӫ ң 綯 ģ ռ Ф ռ ȡ ˮ ʱ ѡ ȥ д ˮ ױƷ װʱ Ůװ װ 鱦 ʯ ƽ Ȥ ֳ ȼ ҵ ֲ ҹܻ Ʊ Ʊ ƱԤ Ʊ Ͷע ϲ ˶ ̨ ٤ 赸 齫 DZˮ DZˮ ˶ ҵ ҵվ 漣 ҳ й Ʊ ɱ ý 칫 Դ ֽ Ϸ Ӱ Ӻؿ IT֤ ѵ ΢֤ mcse ˼֤ linux֤ it֤ ѵ ý Ƶ vodϵͳ ͷ Ƶ Ƶת Ӳ diy mp3 ʼDZ ά ӡ cpu ͨ ֻϷ sms Ƶ Զ̽ѧ ˽ Ϸ˽ 2˽ ˽ip ˽ 漣˽ ii˽ վͼ SiteMap 2˽ Ϻ Ϣ Ӱ Ϸ Ʒ ЦĬ ռ ʱ װʱ ֳ ˶ Ӱ Դ IT֤ ý Ӳ ͨѶ վͼ Ϣ

[new] google (#10)
by a member of the hurd (#-1) on Wed Dec 15th, 2004 at 06:02:00 GMT

ʻƷ google ʻƷ ľֲ

[new] fiberglass (#12)
by a member of the hurd (#-1) on Sun Dec 19th, 2004 at 04:08:40 GMT

angle grinder,bearings,blower vac,chain saw,magnets,pallet jack,polisher,shredder,washing machine,water dispenser,wheels,wrench,washing machine,magnetic system,electrical fan,electric kettle,heater,sport shoes,chinese clothing

[new] jacky (#14)
by a member of the hurd (#-1) on Wed Feb 16th, 2005 at 11:29:51 GMT

acge wutkf mbocsg rnnf fgrfja ckyy jnhe bcal prrysd....

View: Display: Sort:

Verbatim copying and distribution of this article is permitted in any medium, provided this notice is preserved. Images of gnu:s in the logo are © Free Software Foundation, Inc and distributed under the GNU General Public License. Comments are copyright by thir respective owner. All other material are © 2002 .